As the subject of pelvic pain and its treatments continues to grow, our list of resources grows as well. While we do not claim to be experts in any one of the different pelvic floor areas of treatment, we are certainly in touch with pertinent information and resources regarding pelvic therapy and its treatment due to our network of healthcare practitioners all around the globe. Because of this, we will continue to list new resources (Facebook support groups, blogs, helpful articles, etc.) that we believe will be helpful in offering information, support, and comfort to our customers.
.Many of the Facebook groups listed below are private, which means that they require you to request an invite to join the page. However, they will happily accept any new members who wish to join. Some of the group’s members include physical therapists that specialize in pelvic therapy, so you know that you’ll be receiving not only the support and comfort you need, but professional opinions and recommendations as well.
Physical Therapist Locator:
- Australian Women’s, Men’s and Pelvic Health Physiotherapy
- Pudendal Neuralgia Hope
- Men suffering from Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome (CPPS)
- Interstitial Cystitis Support
- APTA (American Physical Therapy Association) – The Section on Women’s Health offers continuing education in Pelvic Floor subjects and treatments
- National Vulvodynia Association Support Groups
- Urology of Virginia
- IPPS International Pelvic Pain Society
- ISSWSH International Society for the Study of Women’s Health
- The Pelvic Pain Clinic (UK): The Pelvic Pain Clinic is a resource for patients, therapists and those with an interest in Male Pelvic Pain. Our aim is to educate and inform, to teach patients to become the drivers in their recovery and not just a passenger.
- The National Vulvodynia Association
- Pudendal Neuralgia Association
Why Pelvic Pain Hurts
Adriaan Louw PT, Sandra Hilton PT, Carolyn Vandyken PT
Sex Without Pain: A Self-Treatment Guide To The Sex Life You Deserve
Heather Jeffcoat, DPT
Interstitial Cystitis Solution : A Holistic Plan for Healing Painful Symptoms, Resolving Bladder and Pelvic Floor Dysfunction and Taking Back Your Life
Nicole Cozean, PT, DPT, WCS, CSCS
A Headache in the Pelvis: A New Understanding and Treatment for Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndromes, New Expanded 6th Edition
David Wise Ph.D., Rodney Anderson M.D.
Pelvic Pain Explained: What Everyone Needs to Know
Stephanie A. Prendergast, MPT, Elizabeth H. Rummer, MSPT
Pelvic Pain: The Ultimate Cock Block
Susie Gronski DPT, PRPC, WCS